DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO MANAGE?
HOW DO YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO MANAGE OPPORTUNITY?
Implementing the Right to Manage process, as defined by the 2002 Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act allows lessees to form together and take over from freeholders or sometimes problematic management companies. It can seem complicated but it doesn’t have to be.
Using our expertise and administrative support Dunwell Property Management can take care of the whole process including:
- Liaising with tenants and developers
- Setting up a limited company
- Appointing Directors
- Appointing shares to leaseholders
- Appointing maintenance contractors
- Ensuring compliance
- Attending meetings
- Negotiating terms
- Negotiating and initiating insurances
- Collecting ground rents and service charges
- Taking care of on-going administration and accounting
- Reporting to leaseholders
How does it work? In partnership with Dunwell Property Management the lessees retain full control of the property under the Right to Manage process. Dunwell Property Management take care of all administration, legislation, maintenance and finances, simply reporting regularly to the tenant management committee and presenting to all lessees at General Meetings if required.
In partnership with Dunwell Property Management tenants have enjoyed a far superior maintenance service, improved insurance cover and 100% collection of ground rents and service charges whilst saving money on previous fees.